- Disabled access
- Things to Do
- Camping & Caravan Parks
- How to get here
- Book Online Accommodation
- Interactive route map of the line
- Which locos are running
- Legal Information
- Overseas Visitors
- Other Services
- Preservation Society
Train Simulator programs
TALYLLYN FOR TS2015 SIMULATOR
A Chance To Drive A Talyllyn Train Whenever You Like !
Purchase a full Railway Route & stock to simulate the World Famous Talyllyn Railway in North Wales. A donation is made to the Talyllyn Railway for every new purchase of a CD
The route has been created using real world Digital Elevation Model (DEM) terrain landscape data and the track laid to real Talyllyn profiles so that you can now experience the skills required by the Talyllyn drivers in running the trains up and down the line.
Almost all the scenery objects have been created and textured using photo-realistic techniques taken from hundreds of digital photographs of the railway.
This adds to the realism and atmosphere of the line.
The Talyllyn Adventure 2 includes features such as :-
• Terrain developed from real world DEM (digital elevation data) that gives a realistic feel to the Talyllyn mountains and valley.
• Accurate track-work gradient profiles
• Custom built objects taken from the actual Talyllyn route
• Over 90% photorealistic texturing from photographing actual Talyllyn objects.
• A selection of Talyllyn locomotives and rolling stock.
• Rolling stock with opening carriage doors, interior passenger views and locomotive smoke and steam effects.
Version 2 adds the following enhancements:-
• A working Level Crossing at Pendre
• Re-built Pendre loco & carriage sheds to use new textures and shaders
• 3D Loco shed, BlockHouses (signal boxes) so that windows are see-thru and buildings have internal features
• Lighting in 3D buildings
• Reworked night-time textures
• The new Carriage shed at Quarry Siding - "The Guest House"
• 2 versions of no 4 - Edward Thomas & Peter Sam - rebuilt to latest loco builds
• Diesel loco no 8 - Merseysider
• Rain effects on the windows of no8 & no4
• 2 x GVT coaches
• Reworked Loco physics & Sounds
• Quick Drive routes & consists
• New scenarios including Passing Loop AI Trains
For more information and more screenshots, please visit website www.sptalyllyn.co.uk
Please note: There are several versions of train simulator programs available - you should ensure that you have an appropriate version. Advice on this may be found on enthusiast forums such as UKTrainSim. You may need to register to use such sites - these are not in any way related to Talyllyn Railway.
MS Train Simulator
Talyllyn route, locomotives and rolling stock are also available for the Microsoft Train Simulator ( also known as MSTS) from website www.sptalyllyn.co.uk
In addition, some items of rolling stock are available for Auran Trainz Railway Simulator.
Please do not send queries about installing and using these files to the railway - the webmaster is not an expert on Microsoft Train Simulator! If you have further files to contribute or suggest, please let the Webmaster [at] talyllyn [dot] co [dot] uk (Webmaster) know.
Note that you must have the relevent train simulator program installed to use these add-on models.