We’ve tried to put together a range of information about the railway that enthusiasts will find of interest. If there are specific pieces of information that you would like to see here, please get in touch and let us know. Our aim is to make this website as useful as possible to the widest range of readers.
- Find out about our Locomotives, Carriages and Wagons.
- We have three live-streaming Webcams at Wharf, Pendre and Abergynolwyn stations – watch all the action anytime, anywhere.
- Download Talyllyn locos and rolling stock for Microsoft Train Simulator and Auran Trainz Railway Simulator and find out how to obtain a complete TR route for your PC.
- We also provide information for railway modellers about kits and drawings of Talyllyn rolling stock.
The standard Talyllyn Railway loco livery is:
- Deep bronze green with black borders and yellow lining.
- Smokebox, chimney, footplate and cab roof: black.
- Buffer beams and motion parts: Post Office red.
- Nameplates: polished brass with red infill.
This livery is currently carried by steam locos Nos. 4 and 7, and diesels Nos. 5 and 9. Other locomotive liveries are detailed on the page for each individual loco.
Standard Talyllyn carriage livery is:
- Side panels: cherry red , lined in deep bronze green.
- Framing and ends: middle brown. (Both ends of carriage 7, and the east ends of carriages 20 and 21 are cherry red lined in deep bronze green..)
Carriage 17 carries Corris Railway brown livery, lined in gold leaf; carriages 14 and 15 are deep bronze green, with white around the windows and the upper part of the doors.