Come and join Peter Sam and his friends for some fun and activities on Thursday, 23rd August.
Peter Sam’s special train will leave Tywyn Wharf station for Abergynolwyn at 9.45am. Take part in a family “Spot Peter Sam” competition up and down the line as well as various activities based at both Tywyn and Abergynolwyn stations:
- Llechfan Garden Railway open
- Narrow Gauge Railway Museum where budding engine drivers can climb aboard the cab of a real locomotive, and can explore the other exhibits
- Miniature train rides
- Craft activities
- Colouring competition (5 years and under; 6 to 8; 9 to 12)
- Treasure hunt
- Face painting
- Station shuttle train with Peter Sam [footplate rides for those aged 14 and above]
- Shuttles behind Rusty to Nant Gwernol and return
- “Railway Adventure” playground and picnic area
Great family food will be on offer all day in King’s Licensed Café from breakfast to afternoon tea, and light refreshments are available in the Quarryman’s Caban Tea Room at Abergynolwyn.
A special train service will run on these days and normal fares apply.
The Talyllyn Railway is the owner of locomotives Talyllyn, Dolgoch, Sir Haydn, Edward Thomas, Douglas, Midlander and Tom Rolt which were written into the Rev. W. Awdry’s stories as Skarloey, Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Duncan, Rusty and Ivo Hugh.