Abergynolwyn is the main inland station and the starting point for many passengers as there is no road access to our terminus at Nant Gwernol.
Abergynolwyn is the starting point for a circular walk through the Dysynni Gorge as well as a forest walk to Nant Gwernol – click here to go to our Walks and Waterfalls page.
Station facilities include:
- Quarryman’s Caban Tea Room serving hot and cold snacks, hot and cold drinks plus a small selection of bottled ales, cider and wine
- Small shop within the café
- Platinum Award-winning toilets including a disabled toilet
- Car parking. Please note this is at the bottom of a steep station drive which the elderly and people with disabilities may find difficult
- Electric car charging – a public 7kw charge point is available.
- Adventure Playground
- An extra-long slide from near station level to the Adventure Playground
- Picnic benches on the station platform and in the Adventure Playground.
Children’s Adventure Playground at Abergynolwyn Station – CURRENTLY CLOSED
Let the children burn off some steam in the Adventure Playground located next to the car park.
Children can experience driving a stationary wooden train and let their imagination run riot.
There is a picnic area with benches, so take your lunch!
There is a really long slide – the children will love it and so will the young at heart
Explore the Discovery Trail which runs from the western end (Tywyn end) of the station down to the picnic area and Railway Adventure Playground