King’s Café at Tywyn Wharf Station
A warm welcome to all – not just train passengers.
- Breakfasts are served from 9am until 11am
- Hot and Cold Snacks are served from 11am until 2pm
- Hot and Cold Meals with Home-cooked Specials and a luscious selection of desserts are served from 12 noon until 2pm
- Sunday Lunches – 12-2 every Sunday
- Hot and Cold Drinks are available at all times the cafe is open
- The Licensed Bar is open from 11.30am serving a wide range of beers, wines, ciders and spirits including a regularly varied selection of local real ales and gins.
- Takeaways are available to enjoy on the train.
- Dogs are always welcome.
Quarryman’s Caban at Abergynolwyn Station
Open every day that we are running trains, all trains stop here for a refreshment break.
Welcome to all – not just train passengers, large car park accessed from B4405.
- Hot & cold drinks, soup, sandwiches, mouth-watering cakes and tempting treats in a traditional railway tearoom
- There is a range of bottled beers, wines & ciders (subject to current Covid-19 restrictions).
- Takeaways are available including picnics
- Dogs are always welcome
P.S. Caban is the Welsh spelling of Cabin, it is not a spelling mistake! The full name in Welsh is Caban y Chwarelwr
Cream Teas, Afternoon Teas and Hampers
Cream teas can be booked with any train – £5.25 per person.
Afternoon tea can be booked with any afternoon train – Adult £15.00, Child £7.50
For more detailed information please see Cream and Afternoon Tea Experiences.
Prebookable food and drink for the train (from Wharf Station)
Prosecco and Welsh Hampers, along with disposable glasses and cutlery, will be ready for you to collect from Kings Cafe at Wharf before you board the train.
In Each hamper you have a feast of local Welsh Produce to enjoy on your trip:
- Sandwich (ham, cheese, tuna or egg on white or brown bread)
- Savoury snack (e.g sausage roll)
- Salad Pot
- Bottle of water
- Yoghurt pot
Once booked you will be emailed for your choices. You can choose to have the Hamper at Wharf or Abergynolwyn for the out or return journey. Hampers are £8.50 per person
The ‘Engine Drivers’ Childs lunch box has half a sandwich, pom bears snack, yoghurt pot and a carton of juice (£4.50)
Hire Our Cafés!
Our Cafés are available to hire for private functions, including Celebrations & Parties, Wedding Receptions, Group & School Outings, Corporate Events and more. Hot or cold meals can be tailored to your precise requirements
Quarryman’s Caban is where Talyllyn Driver Experiences normally stop for refreshments – click here to see a sample Buffet Menu that will give you an idea of the kind of meal we provide for you and your guests
Picnic hampers can also be prepared to take with you on your journey. Wine, beer and Prosecco are all available as well as soft drinks
Please click here to contact us for more information