Get ‘Behind the Scenes’ with this unique experience day ….
This experience day will get you exclusive access to non-public areas of the railway, combined with a relaxing first-class trip.
Typically (depending on the day selected) the itinerary would be:
- Arrive for mid-morning coffee and meet your guide
- Guided tour of the Narrow Gauge Railway Museum, with access to the Awdry study to see some of the artefacts from the ‘Thomas the Tank’ author
- A two-course lunch in our cafe at Wharf Station
- Guided Tour of the weighbridge, an essential part of the operation of the railway when it carried slate
- Guided Tour of our locomotive works, the oldest continually used loco shed in the UK. Get to see where the locos are stored, prepared and maintained.
- A round trip on the railway, travelling in our first-class compartment (not guided)
- We will serve you an afternoon cream tea at your own reserved table in Abergynolwyn.
- A free guidebook to accompany your visit.
- Plenty of photo opportunities along the way!
We can supply this as a gift or surprise, and can add extras like flowers/bubbles – anything is possible. Typically, this experience will last 4-5 hours.
Cost £150 per person – book your voucher here